Your child will receive a free school meal in September if they are in Reception, Year 1 or year 2. However you MUST still apply for free school meals if you meet the following criteria if you are in receipt of the following support:
Why it is important to claim your Free School Meals
The additional funding for children on free school meals is increasing. It will help to support the learning and achievement of your child. Please apply for free school meals if you are eligible.
Parent/guardian must get one of the following:
· Child Tax Credit, (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
· Income Support.
· Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
· The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (for this, you will need to apply directly to the school, NOT to Bradford Council).
Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit in the 4 week period immediately after their employment stops, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school meals for this period.
To apply on line visit – www.bradford.gov.uk/schoolmeals and follow the links:-
Free school meals and school clothing allowance application form (140kb)
Information about school meals.
If you need some help with this application please come into the office and we will help you. If you qualify for extra help then you may be able to get some help with uniform costs.