Monday, 16th March 2015
As part of our work as a rights respecting school, yesterday we held a parents e-safety workshop in partnership with BT.
The Right Click: Internet Safety Matters workshop was delivered for free by BT volunteers. It allowed parents and children to explore the following issues.
- how they connect with others online
- likes and dislikes about the internet
- how to get the most out of the internet and use it positively
- ways in which people can misuse the information shared online
- how e-safety and internet access matter for the promotion and protection of children’s rights.
During the workshop a leaflet was given out explaining safety procedures and actions to take to stay safe online. You can download this leaflet here.
For more information on how to keep your family safe online, visit the E-safety section of our website.